Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First posting.

Wow!
Here we are joining the world of the BLOG. My wonderful husband René set this up for me and I suppose if I am really going to use it I might as well start now!
But I am really a rookie at this so please excuse any novice errors or unedited rambling. :o)

Well, you might be asking yourself... why does Steph have a blog? Well in lieu of the fact that my small family will be relocating to Germany in exactly... 35 days I think it will prove to be an effective way to communicate my goings on with my family and friends here at home in the USA. In light of the 6 hour time change, having a baby, the frenzy of activity that will come with the move, and having very busy friends and family here is the USA this might be a nice outlet to catch up with many of our loved ones whom we will miss so much rather than trying to talk at 3 am or catching everyone here at 6am. Have said that we are always available and once we have a phone please never hesitate to call even if it is 3am.

# 2 reason is it might prove to be a nice remembrace for us some day of our travels.

I don't plan on it being a political journal nor do I plan on having it become an endless session of venting. But rather a nice forum to keep in touch. Although I am sure the occasional political jab or newest and funniest joke I heard might creep in so please try not to get offended if you are a sensitive reader. :o)

SO there you have it, my "mission statement". Hopefully there will be many more postings to follow!

Take care til next time!
Steph

1 comment:

Jilly G said...

Hi Steph, Rene, and Lukie!

Wow! Your very own blog! How cool is that!

I must admit to liking blogs very much! I write on CNN's blogs a lot, sometimes they actually post what I write.

Your apartment looks nice and full of light. Good place for growing plants. I can imagine Rene growing up all kinds of things that he can cook, but I wonder what unusual German delicacies he will bring home for you Steph?

Glad to hear that you made it there safely. Take it one day at a time in your new life. It is a big change.

I think the German people will warm up soon enough. I've always found them friendly and social overall. I went camping once with some friends, and we ran into a group of German tourists. Soon enough, they went everywhere we did, and were always waving "hello" and giving us travel tips. Just give it time, any place takes some time to adjust.

Take Care!

Jill